1. Who has recently (Sept-2016) assumed charge as first woman Director Marketing of the Public sector Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL)?
Answer: Anandi Ramalingam
Note: It is the first time that a woman has been appointed as the Director of the company.
2. Centre has recently notified the Bharat Stage (BS)-VI emission standards for two-wheelers & four-wheelers from ___ throughout the country?
Note: The govt has decided to skip the BS-V norms & move to the BS-VI norms from BS-IV being followed now.
3. Name the Service launched by Indian Railways recently to facilitate access to wheelchairs, battery operated cars for elderly, differently-abled people?
Answer: Yatri Mitra Seva
4. Monika Kapil Mohta was recently appointed as the next Ambassador of India to which country?
5. The Harvard Foundation recently named whom as its 2016 Humanitarian of the Year?
Answer: Aung San Suu Kyi
6. Union HRD Minister, Prakash Javadekar on 20 September 2016 has launched PARAM-ISHAN supercomputing facility at which IIT?
Answer: IIT Guwahati
Note: Param-Ishan has the power of 250 Teraflops & three hundred tera bites capacity. It can be used in the application areas like computational chemistry, computational fluid dynamics & optimization, etc.
7. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 15 September 2016 tied up with which financial services firm as an associate sponsor?
Answer: Janalakshmi Financial Services
8. India on 20 September 2016 successfully test-fired the most advanced surface-to-air missile 'Barak-8' off the Odisha coast. 'Barak-8' was jointly developed by India and?
Note: The long-range nuclear capable ballistic missile, developed jointly with Israel, was launched from a mobile launcher at the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in Balasore district.
9. President Vladimir Putin’s United Russia party on 19 September 2016 won the Russian parliamentary election by securing 343 seats of the total 450 in the lower house. Name the lower house of the parliament of Russia?
10. Which company was recently conferred with the prestigious membership of the Asia-Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG)?
Answer: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited