Current affairs June for SSC CGL 2016 Weekly Current affairs
The Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari released the report on “Road Accidents in India 2015” and insisted to lower down the number of road accidents and fatalities by 50 % by 2020. Venue: New Delhi, India Accidents and Fatalities:
♦ In India occurrence of Road accidents about 5 lakh in a year.
♦ During accident, fatalities cases are 1,46,000 and No. of injuries are about thrice times of fatalities.
Suresh Prabhu flags off Champaran Satyagrah Express train in Bihar i. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu flagged off Champaran Satyagrah Express train at a function in Motihari, Bihar. This train will ply between Bapudham, Motihari to Anand VIhar, Delhi. ii. He also pledged that in Bihar passenger amenities would be improved further and passenger amenities is the top most agenda of his ministry he said. iii. In the function he also inaugurated Banmankhi – Purnea rail section and Pipraha Railway Station and road over bridges at Motihar, Begusarai and Danapur through video conferencing.
India signed three bilateral agreements to strengthen co-operation with- Ghana
• Three countries that participated in the Malabar Exercise 2016-India, United States and Japan
• Renowned Hindi writer who died in June 2016 and was the Editor at All India Radio from 1962 to 1976- Mudrarakshasa
• President of this country ordered an unannounced inspection in country’s Armed Forces to assess the readiness of military arsenals -Russia
• This State government served Leave India notice to eight Chinese nationals working under a Thai company at the Dhamra Port in Bhadrak district - Odisha
• The person who assumed charge as the Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court - Justice Rakesh Ranjan Prasad
• She was unanimously appointed as the first women chairperson of the North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council (NCHAC) in Assam - Ranu Langthasa
• The Central Port Authorities Act 2016 drafted by Ministry of Shipping will replace the Major Port Trust Act of - 1963
• Union Government constituted a five member team to assess the existing water bodies, farm pond and other sources of irrigation in the selected districts of - Western Uttar Pradesh including Meerut and Muzaffarnagar
• The e-ticketing company in which Ratan Tata recently invested is -Kyazoonga
• Tata Power Co. Ltd recently signed an agreement to acquire -Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd
• Microsoft Corporation recently announced that it is going to acquire – LinkedIn