1. Who among the following established the Bhil Seva Mandal in 1922?
[A] Narain Malhar Joshi
[B] Amritlal Vitthaldas Thakkar
[C] Jyotiba Phule
[D] Baba Amte
2. Who among the following established the Ved Samaj in Madras in 1864?
[A] Keshabchandra Sen
[C] Shibnath Shastri
[D] Debendranath Tagore
Correct Answer: Keshubchander Sen
3. The magna carta of western education system in India is___?
[A] The report of the Committee of Public Instruction, 1823
[B] The Charter Act of 1833
[C] Report of the Hunter Commission, 1862
[D] Wood’s Despatch, 1854
Correct Answer: Wood’s Despatch, 1854
4. Who among the following preached the doctrine of “One religion, one caste and one God for mankind“?
[A] Jyotiba Phule
[C] Sri Narayan Guru
[D] Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
Correct Answer: Sri Narayan Guru
5. The leader of revolt of 1857 in Lucknow was __?
[A] Tatya Tope
[B] Maulvi Ahmadullah Shah
[C] Birjis Qadir
[D] Begum Hazrat Mahal
Correct Answer: Begum Hazrat Mahal
6. Which among the following was not annexed into the East India territories via the Doctrine of Lapse?
Correct Answer: Mysore
7. Who among the following entered into a triple alliance against Haider immediately before the first Anglo-Mysore war of 1767-69?
1. The English
2. Nizam of Hyderabad
3. The Marathas
4. Raja of Travancore
Choose the correct option from the codes given below:
[A] 1, 2, 3
[B] 1, 3, 4
[C] 1, 2, 4
[D] 2, 3, 4
Correct Answer: 1, 2, 3
8. Which among the following was the first Presidency of British East India Company in India ?
Correct Answer: Surat
9. Who among the following was the founder of French East India Company for trade in India?
[B] Francois Martin
[C] Francois Caron
[D] De La Haye
Correct Answer: Colbert
10. Which among the following apparently impressed Jahangir to issue a farman in 1613 A.D. to the English to establish a factory at Surat ?
[A] Reconciliation between the English and Portuguese
[B] A secret offer of naval help to the Mughal emperor to oust the Portuguese
[C] A heavy dose of bribe to Nur Jahan
[D] The defeat of Portuguese naval squadrons by the English
Correct Answer: The defeat of Portuguese naval squadrons by the English In 1613 AD.
Study Material for Upcoming SSC CHSL Exam 2017 Download free GK and Current Affairs from the SSC Portal. English and Quantitative Aptitude...